We want to inform you about the personal data that we process and how this affects you as a member of the Competence Club - as well as your data subject rights.
What kind of personal data of me are being processed and how long?
In order to fulfil and to improve our services, we process your following personal data:
- Your first name and last name
- Your E-Mail-address
- Your city and country (if provided)
- Your activity status (content you are looking at and your mouse actions) at the Competence Club platform
- If you contact us, we collect your E-Mail-Address and the correspondence until your request has been solved, unless it contains financial aspects.
- Details of transactions, (with exception of financial data) you carry out through the Website and for the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, completion data, competency records, location data, weblogs and the resources you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- Information about your computer, including (where available) your IP-address, operating system and browser type. This will take place for system administration and to report aggregate information to the Competence Club. (This statistical Data about you will not be shared with the partners mentioned down below or advertisers)
The personal data will be deleted, after you have cancelled your membership for the Competence Club or have revoked your declaration of consent. If you don’t want to be a member of the Competence Club anymore, you easily can delete your membership by writing an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be informed, that in these cases a further use of the Competence Club isn’t possible any longer.
What’s the legal basis and the purpose for the data storage and to whom can I refer to in the case of any questions?
Legal basis for the processing of your
personal data is article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a of the European General Data
Protection regulation (hereinafter referred to as EU-GDPR).
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To administrate your membership within the Competence Club, like tracking your learning progress and creating and awarding certificates for your passed exams.
- To compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you
ensure that the content from our website is presented and shown correctly on
provide you with the information, products and services that you request from
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide, you with information about The Competence Club goods and services which may interest you.
- If you are a customer, our employees from different locations will only contact you by E-Mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You can opt-out of such notifications by contacting email@example.com.
- Inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities.
on your user habits we may analyze your personal data to create a profile of
your interests and preferences so that we can contact you and with the most
relevant information; to respond to queries from public bodies about your
- If you’re located in UK, to service notice in accordance with the requirements of our Charter and Bye-laws, Regulations and Code of Conduct where applicable.
We may share your personal data with other relevant departments of the ROSEN Group.
If you have any questions in regards of the protection of your personal data and its application within the Competence Club, you can address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible Person according to article 4
no. 7 EU-GDPR is:
Floor 2, Q5, Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane
NE12 8BS Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Corporate Data Protection officer is
available at: email@example.com
Use of external service providers and location of data processing
In order to fulfil and to improve our services , we make use of the following service providers:
- Totara Learn, a service from New Media Warehouse Ltd., Holywood House, 1 Innis Court, BT18 9HF Holywood, United Kingdom
- Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St. Julians Business Centre, 3 Elia Zammit Street, St Julian STJ 1000, Malta, Europe
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
- Moreover, we use BarclayCard Ecommerce Payment Gateway, a service from Barclays Bank PLC 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP as a Service Provider to process financial transactions in connection with orders you trigger.
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and processed a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area (hereinafter referred to as EEA).
Your Data Subject rights
According to the legal provisions set forth in the EU-GDPR, you have the following rights towards us:
- Right for information: according to article 15 EU-GDPR you’re entitled to ask us, what of your personal data we are processing.
- Right for correction: According to article 16 EU-GDPR you’re entitled to request a correction of your personal data in the case of a wrong retention.
- Right for deletion: You’re entitled to request the erasure of your personal data according to article 17 of EU-GDPR and you can revoke your consent about retention of your personal data at any time.
- According to article 18 EU-GDPR you’re entitled to object against the processing of your personal data at any time,
a) if you are in doubt if your personal data are correct,
b) if you should be of the opinion that the processing of your personal data is
c) if we do not longer require the storage of your personal data but you need
these personal data to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims,
d) if you have objected
against a data processing according to article 21 EU-GDPR, but it is still
outstanding, if the justifiable reasons of us as the responsible body will
outweigh those of you as a data subject.
- You have the right to object against the retention of your personal data at the data protection authority.
Declaration of Consent
I have read this privacy statement and agree to the storage of my personal data in order to join the Competence Club.
I can revoke my consent at any time via e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
My personal data will be deleted immediately (with exception of data storage due to legal requirements) after I have revoked my consent.